Saturday, February 26, 2011

imcliche

"If you love someone and they love you, don't fuck up...'cause you are left with less than nothing."

A surplus of indiscriminate venom—
         this is my stumbling block,
       my problem to fix.
  Is ego or modesty
                my mask? 
Perhaps, the answer is in the question.

        Here, I wear
              the crown of shit
     upon my liar's chair.
             I let you down.
             I made you hurt.
    There, I boiled over,
            drunk and angry, again;
          a cloud turned grey.

     The division I caused
                left no remainder;
 ashes of a dream
            scorched by nightmare...

Now, I can only
   curse the day I became
            a nothingman,
       brush myself off,
   and learn how to walk
                  carrying memories of you.

8 comments:

Marian said...

sheesh, i'm feeling a strong urge to hug you or something.

ian said...

thanks, marian.

Unknown said...

do I ever have days like this...
what a tortured lament.

ian said...

i was thinking about calling this one "lamentation"

Kimberly Kaye said...

The division I caused
left no remainder...

such a strong line. obviously deeply personal. put that vein on that page, baby.

ian said...

if you ain't bleedin', it ain't art.

Marian said...

art? is that what we are doing here?
really, i just came over to say hello.
hello love!

ian said...

i've drawn a blank on something witty to respond with.