Monday, March 14, 2011

arrogance is bliss

 or
I Stole This From Kurdt

The point creates space
and all of infinity
collapses to a point.
Singular Being: Existence exists.
   identity or blasphemy
 not condescension
   only transcendental consequence—
              who am I?
           I am who I am.
But me and not me,
         self and not,
    play complements
   in
    quantum coincidence...
 Perception keeps life
           reacting   to the now—
     My hand wringing over
            yesterday
        brings neglect
                  and entropy,
                              today.
I understand that
                  it makes more sense
                  to live life
                  in the present tense.
True words,
        and not my own.

     I sit,
         cigarette lit (I know I should quit.),
      sipping my coffee...
               have I learned
                  to accept some friends
               of ridicule?
      Can I be a disciple of The Clown?
"My whole existence is for your amusement
   and that is why I'm here with you."
          Follow him to nirvana;
      The Jester's only
                    satirically
                  a lonely character, right?
Does Enlightenment
     silence the dull
        and constant
      hum
             of being alone?

Tongue in cheek,
      foot in mouth,
   head up ass,
does that make me a yogi contortionist?

4 comments:

Marian said...

ha! i like you because you are way smarter than me. i don't know what the hell you are talking about but i like it anyway.

ian said...

it's all a parlor trick; i smile and nod and make eye contact, show attention, interjecting "mmhmm"s and "uh huh"s, and then parroting back what other people have said, emphatically, like it's my own. that's the trick. i'm not really that smart. <---see? i don't know enough html to us italics.

Kerry O'Connor said...

A masterful piece of free verse which never loses impetus nor runs away with itself... and I think I have to agree with Marian.. smart as a cracking whip (if smart they be)

ian said...

again, very kind words, thank you for reading.