Saturday, July 09, 2005

focusing on something else...

Though I support PBU and all others who are trying to keep the light shining on the Evil Fuck, it's too much for me right now. So, I'm going to post about something that I just learned about today...which is somewhat of a disappointment, at my own ignorance and the lack of press, not about this project.

Acrosanti is an experiment in "acrology," a school of ecologically balanced architecture. This project was founded by Paolo Soleri, a student of Frank Lloyd Wright (a fact easily recognizable when viewing the buildings in this Arizona desert town).

I need to do way more reading into this...but, it's good to see that people are actively seeking alternatives to the "conqueror and sprawl" system...which, by the way, is still heading for The Crash. So, set your watches, pack a cooler with beer, kiss your dog, wash in between your toes, check your armpits, and floss, 'cause it's gonna be a big ol' time, darlin'.

1 comment:

Deb said...

OK......thanks for the PBU plugola.

Hmmm, hubby & I are headed for AZ this fall. I'll put Acrosanti on my list of must see. We are downsizing in prep for the onslaught. Brace yourselves.